Today was my final lab simulation. I knew everything that was going to happen prior to going in, and I still managed to let my nerves get to me (it's worth 10% of my grade). Oh well, it is over and done with. The best part is that I'll never have to enter that lab ever again if I so choose. Wahoo! I am that much closer to receiving my BSN. 109 days to go actually.
At my nursing school, the July grads "graduate" with the May grads, so I do have the whole rigmarole approaching in 3 weeks, which will be fun but won't feel rewarding as I still have another 3 months to go. For the ceremonies I found a great cream with black flowers silk dress, and it was even on one of those super sale-on-top-of-another-sale sales! Plus some great peep-toe pumps by the brand "I Love Comfort" from Sears. They look slightly 'old lady' BUT are extremely comfortable and look great once on the foot.

As "graduation" and the Nurse's Pinning Ceremony are really the only time in which July grads get honored, my family is poised to celebrate with wine, I mean flair. My parent's have rented the back room of my favorite Italian restaurant near campus. I actually met with the owner this afternoon to work on our menu: antipasti platters, house salads (dressing on the side, of course!), and an all you can eat calzone bar. This will be complemented with (I'm sure) many bottles of pinot grigio and Tiramisu.
Mmmm... tiramisu. Maybe it's time to go scrounge up something for dinner.

No comments:
Post a Comment