1) Gather boxes of the shapes, sizes, tiers, you desire. Be sure the bottom one is big enough to hold all of your anticipated cards.

2) cut holes in the boxes to allow the cards to slip through. I lined the holes with packing tape to smooth out rough edges.

3) Find some material you like at the fabric store. Ensure that it is thick enough to cover the original color of your box.
4) Cut the fabric into strips long enough to encircle each tier, and wide enough to be tucked into your cut holes on each side of the box.
5) Affix fabric with glue of choice (I used hot glue).



6) Snip the corners of the fabric so that you can fold it evenly into the hole in order to glue down. Essentially, pretend you are wrapping a gift.



(This is the very bottom of the card cake, so it's not as nice. Be sure to think about how you will remove your cards after the wedding...)

7) Glue the wrapped boxes together, working from the bottom upwards.
8) Add trim and decorations. I chose a ribbon trim with a pearl monogram.





9) Be sure to let your guests know that this is for cards. Sign made from Menu/table number pre-perforated cardstock by Brides from Michaels (currently on clearance for about $1.50). I just ran one through my home printer and glued it on!

10) Enjoy your finished product!

Time: about 3 hours
Costs:
boxes--free
ribbon--$3
letters-- $3
glue--$5
fabric--$5 (50% off with coupon)
sign--12 for $1.50

13 comments:
Super cute!
Awesome! I'm going to try that!
Cute card box! I didn't like anything that was available either so I used 8x10 picture frames and made a box out of those with pics of the hubby and I.
That's so creative! I wish I had thought of that for my wedding last summer... it looks great!
What a neat idea! And, it looks so cute!! Good job! :)
That is so cute! I love the pearl letters!
Very cute. I went an even easier route and just painted one hat box. Okay the painting part wasn't easy but in the end it cost a whole $5.
That is SO cute!!
Good job! I've seen those things go for $50 or more on etsy!
You are so creative! I am sure people will love this :)
This is so awesome! Way to go!!
That is ADORABLE! I love it!
That is one cute project! I am going to share that with my sister, she's getting married in October. So cute!!
Post a Comment