Thursday, July 03, 2008

Sailboats

Fiance and I have been working on these for a little while now.

I purchased over 130 of these little sailboats at Michaels. They retail for $1 each and the lady gave me a 20% discount, so they were way cheap!


Fiance and I went to Home Depot for clear varnish, and he spotted tintable wood stain. He chose "island water." I was a bit wary of it, but in the end, I love the look.


In process (some need a second coat):


The finished product!


These will be sprinkled on various tables and since we are foregoing favors, guests are more than welcome to take these home if they so wish.

7 comments:

lml said...

I love the color...those are adorable!

Kate said...

What a cute idea! If I weren't in another state, I would totally crash your wedding ;)

Anonymous said...

I love it! What a great deal too!!!

Erin said...

Very cute but wow a lot of work! You would NOT want to see what they would look like if I made them!

Fun!

-E

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

what a FANTASTIC idea and it came out so nicely! i've added you to my reader so i can follow the rest of your planning. :) good luck finding your church!

Dana said...

These are so cute. These would be great a table numbers as well. Just paint the number on the sail.

Miss G said...

so cute! I really like these. Good for you not feeling the "favor pressure". Don't you just love Michael's? I recently found a little book I liked there for sign-ins and gift lists for my showers. Kelly