Sunday, June 01, 2008

Out of Town (OOT) welcome bags

Luckily for us, we will not have many OOT guests. This is a good thing as it will reduce some stress, but I feel it "ups the ante" slightly as to what will be in the OOT basket.

Never fear! Kate Parker Weddings has come to my rescue with her Out of town baskets. Unfortunately, she does not have a basket specifically for my city. That is ok because I got some great ideas from her.

I will add: local cuisine of some sort (maybe smoked salmon), a bottle of wine from a local winery, corkscrew, a map & welcome brochure for the area, some local coffee, a Starbucks' city mugs, and a hand-written thank-you note for coming.

These will be put into the Canvas Teacher's Tote ($4.99 each) or the Reusable Tote Bag ($1.49 each) from Cheap Totes. Which are MUCH less expensive than the L.L.Bean Boat&Tote


Is there anything else that is a must for the OOT bags? I feel as though I'm forgetting something important!

4 comments:

Angela said...

You should also check out this site for tote bags: http://ingreetings.com/onwholortot.html because a friend of mine got hers here and they were very inexpensive and great quality!

Denim and Pearls said...

Those are such cute ideas! Your guests will love them!

Dana said...

Thanks for the tips. I am going to use these bags to give stuff to my bridesmaids in.

Miss Preppy in Pink said...

So cute! I bought some pink paper gift bags from Oriental Trading and plan on using those. However, I have about 60 people coming from OOT...sorority sisters, N's friends, and N's family. The canvas bags got expensive quickly!