Wednesday, June 18, 2008

DIY Invitations

I went to meet with a paperie last week that came highly recommended for their designers and low cost. The bid for my very simple invitation came in at over $1,000.00 for 150 invitations. Not to mention the $400.00 for my even more simple save-the-dates.

I wanted to cry. $1400 for paper? SERIOUSLY?! There must be a cheaper way!

Enter Evenstar Paperie. The owner, Dana is a bride herself who was also shocked at prices. While I won't be using Evenstar to create my invitations, she gave me faith that I could create amazing invitations without breaking the bank.


Caroline is the design that I will be assimilating. Evenstar's cost for 100 invites: $488.76. Less than half, and I won't have the design and assembly fees due to family help.

If you are planning to do your own invites, you need to know about these 2 sites:
Paper and More will send you as MANY SAMPLES AS YOU WANT at about $0.50 each for a flat shipping fee of $1.00.

Cut Card Stock will send you 1-3 samples for FREE, 4-5 samples for $3 and 6-8 samples for $5 and the shipping is FREE.

Also most of these paper sites will cut and/or score your paper for a minimal fee if you do not have the time or equipment to DIY.

2 comments:

Linda said...

We went with Wedding Paper Divas and were pleased with them. I had planned to DIY my invites. My advice is start early! I waited too late to do it leisurely!

Tessa said...

Hi there! Congrats on your upcoming wedding and thanks for plugging my company, Evenstar Paperie! I'm glad I could provide you a little inspiration! $14 for paper is seriously ridiculous, isn't it? Good luck with your invites and, if you need any help or advice, feel free to write me at tessandeve@msn.com.