Our close friend S from high school got married on Saturday night. It may have been the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended. It was also a budget affair, but you couldn't tell.
Well, I am kicking myself because I forgot all about my camera as I was so wrapped up in love and only took 1 photo...and it's grainy!
S and C enjoying their first dance.
The wedding took place in the back yard at their church/pastor's home. (A bit odd, but the church is small and this arrangement works as all members get full usage of the resort-like grounds.)
The ceremony took place in the lawn as the sun began to set, but we were shaded with trees. The groom cried as he said his vows. He told his lovely wife C, that "2 years, 8 months, and 2 days prior had been the best day of his life up til now because that was the day C's father had allowed S to date her." How sweet is that?!
The reception was set up around the perimeter of the pool, with dancing in the lawn and tennis court. Hanging baskets and huge pots full of bright flowers were all the decorations that were needed. Economical, green, and gorgeous!
All 75 guests had a great time and it will be a wedding I will always remember for its simplicity. And for how it kept love as it's focus. This was a wedding that had nothing to do with being a wedding: it was the beginning of a marriage filled with love.

No comments:
Post a Comment