I also was not sure when to register, and where. I have expensive taste, and quite a bit of stuff already, so I thought it would be smart to register for fewer but more expensive items.
I'd also decided to wait until after Christmas to register, but then I got to thinking that maybe some people might like to purchase Christmas gifts from the registry.
Enter Target and the coupon I received in the mail 2 weeks ago. If I register for 10 items by October 28th, I get a $25 gift card. Seriously? Target's paying me to shop...I'm so there.

Mom needed to go to Big City Mall today, and since I had the day off I decided to join her... And ended up beginning my registry at Williams-Sonoma. I LOVE their Apilco Dinnerware! It is simple, elegant, classy, and indestructable! I decided to mix and match between the Tradition and Très Grande lines.

Is there anything in particular that you think I should be sure to register for? If you haven't yet registered, what is your one must-have item...no matter what the cost?

10 comments:
A really good crockpot! =) I love mine!
A great set of Henckel knives (the block set) and a Kitchen Aid mixer. I can't live without those two things!
they had to do something. Their return policy blows.
I want to register again!! And yes, make sure you check their return policy which is awful. I took off my registry there it was so bad!
Make sure you do register for some smaller, more affordable items, but I'm sure you already know that! As far as must haves? A GREAT knife set and a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. Love, love, love. Mine is named and I talk to it, I love it so much.
WHAT?!?!?! I got NO gift card!!! Lame! haha:)
But some good news... they did tell me that as long as you have a registry there, you can exchange things that are on your registry without a receipt. This is definitely good news!
I do agree that the return policy is terrible, but I will always be able to find stuff at Target to exchange. If not: re-gift!
and I did choose items that are in the $20-60 price range--my friends and family aren't that rich! Darn! lol ;-)
Thanks for the link, those shoes are cute and with the low heel maybe we can actually please my picky (lying) friend! Sometimes it's easier to please her and shut her up then get her going... and other times it's fun to make her mad :) I'm definately going to forward the link to the rest of the bridesmaids!
Oh and I second the Kitchen Aid mixer... it's around $300. It is one of the gifts us bridesmaids chipped in to get our friend for her shower! I've heard it's a must-have for every kitchen :) Plus it comes in fun colors!
Nothin' like getting paid to shop at Target! Love the dinnerware! Hope you're having a great weekend!
well, having just spent the weekend doing post wedding registry stuff, here would be my advice:
yes, it's a little bit of work, but I would register for lots of things in all price ranges. We returned two carts full to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday (which has a GREAT return policy), the most expensive thing being $114 I think but LOTS of them being under $10 and walked out of there with hundreds of dollars of credit which we will apply toward the over $100 items that we barely received any of. Lots of people will throw an extra $3 or $5 or $10 item into their basket but not many people will plunk down a sizeable amount. Hey, I don't either. This way, we kept all the little stuff we think we'll use and are able to use the credit on duplicates and things we decided we just didn't need as badly that were small on bigger ticket items.
Also, I almost did the Target thing too but was going to just register for the minimum number of items and cheap ones even if it was make-up, food, etc. and just buy them myself to get the free$25 gift card without actually having to deal with their oh, so stinky return policy. I'm not sure if you'll even be able to get store credit/exchange if you bring in an item that you were given as a gift that is over $20 without a gift receipt/receipt. Check carefully!!!
as far as the passport, we booked our tickets tonight but keeping it a secret for a little bit. :) just couldn't help throwing a little teaser out there. :)
We just registered at Crate and Barrel this past weekend and I recommend a teeny crock pot! My future mother in law has 2 and swears by them! Also, luggage and luggage tags. Then you have something new to bring on the honeymoon!
Post a Comment