Thursday, October 16, 2008

Engagement session re-cap

Fiance and I did enjoy our engagement picture session: it was a gorgeous day, outdoors, together, and our photog+wife were a lot of fun.

As you can tell, we got some great pictures.

But...

there were also some lighting issues. I look really washed out in a lot of pictures. I like this picture, and it is less washed out than some others.

We also had a location issue. We drove 2 hours to meet photog at a park of his choice because he really likes to use it, instead of having him meet us at a park of our choice. I liked the park upon arrival. However some things became apparant once the proofs came back:

The fence and cars rendered this whole series of about 20 shots unusable.



These apartments really bother me...again about 35 shots unusable (we spent a LOT of time near the water, my love!).


I was able to crop most of the houses out of this one.

Our photog also took lots of photos at a distance. If I were to do it all over again, I'd insist on more close-ups (I will for the wedding!). I don't know about you, but I like to see a person's face--their expressions, eyes--I don't always need all the greenery around them:


We also took individual pictures, which our parents really appreciated:



Alright, this is enough re-cap for now. More food for thought than anything for those of you who have yet to take yours.

I'll post a few more of our favorites later!

8 comments:

Angela said...

I really like the first one the best. Definitely frame-worthy! The second one is really good too. I mean actually you guys look great in all of them! I would feel the same way about the stuff in the background. Some of our beach pics had some people in the background and I couldnt stand it. Our wedding location has a water tower in the background at one angle and I pray that we do not get that hideous thing in any of our pictures!

Mojito Maven said...

I also really like the first one!! I also had a very similar experience on not just our engagement but also our wedding pics...there were so many pictures with shadows on our faces and it drives me nuts...as soon as i learn to use photoshop i'm going to try and do damage control...it's a good thing you knoww hat to look for now so you won't make that mistake later

Mama Bear Meg said...

I totally feel your frustration...but you guys do look great! We took our engagement pics last sunday, and I have been a little anxious to see them. We had fun taking them, but it is hard to tell what they will look like in the end. I have such high expectations....they should been done anytime this week.

Liz said...

I LOVE the one of y'all on the piling, so awesome!!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I really like all your pictures so far. I think if we all could do some part of our wedding or wedding prep over we would.

Dana said...

Great photos.

Jen @ the mama years said...

If you are not totally comfortable with your photography and his abilities to listen to you and deliver what you want, then you may want to reconsider for your wedding. You'll never get a chance to recapture those moments. Not that what you posted aren't very nice, but if you feel after paying $ (and having to travel bc of your photog?!) that you need to spend time fixing your photos to your liking or have to scrap lots of them, this person may not be the best person for the job. Just a thought, bc the last thing you should be worrying about on your wedding day is if you are having to set up your own shots!!

Anonymous said...

The two of you are so photogenic!I love how the poses are so natural.