Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Absentee-ism

I've missed you wonderful readers...known and lurking! Many apologies for my absenteeism of late. Warning: it may not get much better for a few weeks, posting will be sporadic at best as I continue to adjust to my job and working weird hours.

I've spent nearly a month at my new job and i have a love/hate relationship. I precepted in the unit, with onehelluva nurse, and I'm back to the basics. Not that all basics are bad, but seriously, I KNOW how to turn on the monitor and attach the temperature probe without burning the baby!


Last Friday brought my first "Big-Girl" paycheck...that was painfully small. But it's the first real paycheck in the past 3 years while I've been in school. Yay money! (Can you believe that I haven't spent ANY of it yet?!?! I know....)


Wedding planning seems to have come to a stand-still for now. It seems that I have too many of my ducks in a row... All that is really left to do for a while is booking the band, and I have 2 demo tapes in the mail (though I've seen both live before).

The Bona Fide Preppy Bride did recently show me that I can't forget the small projects though. Still on my wedding to-do list:
-the Card "cake"
-finishing the Save the Dates
-finishing the invitations, inserts
-the programs
-the program basket
-ordering Engagement pictures
-making table runners
-picking up more candles
-Rehersal dinner headcount and reservations
-booking the Honeymoon

This stuff (except the Save the Dates) can all be done over time. I do have 8 months left... But it's nice to know that pretty much all the decisions have been made thus far! YAY!

Oh, and my Wedding Coordinator woes are WAY over. She's awesome now that her summer weddings are all over. HOORAY! Thanks for your support, all you advice givers!

4 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Good luck at work. You will get it I promise! For a couple of months out of nursing school I was scared but then one day I woke up and said ok I can do this. Just remember if you think something is wrong go with your gut feeling. 99.9% of the time you are right.

Stephanie said...

Good luck at work. I'm not a nurse, but I imagine that it would be pretty hard.

Take your time on the wedding planning, however, do not take a page out of my book and wait to do everything the month before...oops.

Angela said...

Your list is painfully shorter than mine. I should probably just quit my job for 8 months and finish wedding stuff haha :)

Dana said...

I can stand to look at my list and lot of times I look at it and get overwhelmed. I do not think that I should have put that wedding ticker on my blog it is in my face everyday reminding all that I have to do.