Friday, September 05, 2008

BridesMEN?

Fiance and I are conflicted on our wedding party. We want it small. No more than 4 total. 2 'maids, 2 'men...right? WRONG!

I have 2 brothers. He has one brother and a really close cousin. We have zero sisters. What's a couple to do? BRIDESMEN! ...we think




Groomsmaids courtesy Sean at McLellan Studios


Bridesmen courtesy Sean at McLellan Studios


Wedding party via the Knot


Groomsmaids (and more photos) via Wedding Bells

What do you think about non-traditional wedding parties?

Do you have any pictures of bridesmen? (they are very hard to find!)

7 comments:

Linda said...

I think you should have those people closest to you regardless of gender. I say go for it!

SS said...

I had one female cousin as maid of honor and one best male friend on my side as bridesman or whatever term you prefer ;)

Ellen Mint said...

I am not a huge fan of the traditional wedding party. I really wouldn't care if ours matched up or not.

So I say go with just being surrounded by guys.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I think it's an adorable idea! It's your wedding- do whatever makes you happiest!

LyndsAU said...

I love the idea of bridesmen :) And thanks so much for the heads up about Nordstrom :)

Hadeel said...

My brother is going to be chilling on my side. He even demanded flowers!

Beaufort Belle said...

I went to a wedding that had mixed "attendants"...she had bridesmen and he had groomswomen.

When I got married this time (2nd & last) I still had a very traditional wedding but since each of us had a daughter, we did me: man of honor (brother) maid of honor (daughter); groom: best man (his brother) and best girl (his daughter) and my niece was both flower girl & ring bearer. Rings were in satin bag in her flower basket.

For both weddings, they were formal and traditional and the men wore tuxedos no matter which side they were on.

Hope this helps some!

(Oh, In the first wedding, whomever they attended to was the side they stood on)