I've had the gown picked out with a deposit on it since January. The deposit means that should the company discontinue the style, the salon will contact me and I will order it prior to the discontinuation. (The salon usually has about 2 weeks warning).
My gown has not been discontinued, but it is time to order it as Mommie wants me to have formal Bridal portraits taken prior to the wedding. Did any you ladies do this? Plan to do this? It seems to be more of a Southern tradition than anywhere else...
I'm not sure if/when Fiance reads this so I may or may not post a picture of the gown...haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll post a few and let you guess!
My personal Bridal style has definately been influenced by: Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Tricia Nixon, and Jenna Bush.

Tricia and Richard Nixon
Jenna Bush

7 comments:
I didn't get bridal portraits. My photographer just took some pictures of me alone while we were doing the other wedding pictures of just me and the bridesmaids beforehand.
I wasn't keen on the idea of getting all dolled up before my wedding. I really wanted my wedding day to be the first time. I didn't even try my dress on with my veil until my wedding day...or with make up on.
Weird I know.
Yes, I did do the bridal portrait before. In fact, my dress almost didn't come in time to be altered and ready for the portrait day. It was nice because I got to see if I needed anymore alterations after wearing it for several hours during the session. It was a great trial run with my hair too with my stylist. Good luck with all your planning!
I did bridal portraits! It really must be a southern thing! Because it is very common here!!
I loved planning my wedding - now I'm planning for a baby! Life is a wonderful journey.
I never even thought about getting a bridal portrait,thanks for the idea!
I miss my dress. It is at my mom's house since I live with my fiance. I visit it often. I had thought about bridal portraits, but I do not want the traditional ones. I thought that I would do these either for my trial but it depends upon the weather since I am getting married in April and would have to take them in March. The other alternative is to take them the day of my wedding and just alotting extra time.
Hi! I found your blog from Kelly's. Your comment caught my eye because I, too, am a nurse. I've worked in the newborn nursery for 5 years and my sister is a nurse in the NICU. Congrats on joining the profession!
About the bridal portraits...I had them done and love them. They're a great way to really show off your dress but definitely not a necessity. It is kind of a tradition around here though (I live in the deep South). I hope yours turn out beautifully. I know you'll treasure them forever!
Post a Comment