I do have to say, I HATE strapping/packing tape. It must have some magnetic pull to attach to itself! Ughh.
Thanks to The Bona Fide Preppy Bride for the tip to check out the Nautical stuff at Kohl's. I finally got there today, didn't buy anything, but it was great stuff! Thanks!
I met with the wedding planner on Friday. I am SO GLAD we hired her. She's amazing. Had some great ideas and definate opinions on topics I had questions about. She suggested having my make-up professionally done because of the high quality of the photographers digital cameras. I said 'ok' as I was already planning on having my hair done. I asked her to recommend someone. The person she recommended is really a professional; her portfolio is full of BIG names (Gwen Stefani, Alanis Morissette etc) and major companies. The only downside is her cost.
The hair & make-up trial is $150. The actual day of hair & make-up is $250. There is a $400.00 day of the wedding minimum. Plus the wedding is far enough from the city that we'll incur $100 in travel fees, which she said she'll include as "day of" costs. Is this normal?!?!??!?! It seems ridiculous to spend $650 on hair and make-up. Also, what is the etiquette for hair & make-up for bridesmaids? Do I need to pay for their grooming? Hair only?

2 comments:
You only need to pay for hair if you want them to wear it a certain way (ie all updos). It could be a nice BM gift but not necessary.
I agree - only pay if you are making a style 'mandatory' (which overall never goes well. Or, you can pay for it if you want that to be part of their gift. I didn't pay for mine and some opted for hair/make-up and others didn't. Those fees sound a bit high, but typical. Nothing like bringing someone to you to get that done the day of rather than travelling, and you are smart to do a trial!
Post a Comment