I had a ukulele musician suggested as reception entertainment. I thought why not? I'll hear him out. I got the demo and laughed so hard! We actually could not make it through an entire song it was so wrong for us. The next time I have a luau, absolutely I'll call him. Note to self: don't follow any more wacky suggestions!

The church pastor approved our vows. However, we are still in negotiations regarding the order of service and which pastor gets to do what. Why didn't any of you warn me that this would be the hardest part of getting married? Sheesh. I'm about done with it, I'm to the point where I'm not sure if it's important enough to push or if we should just let it be. I think I'll let Fiance take the reins over completely on this one for now...
Got a coupon in the mail for the suits we want to rent for the guys. Score! Fiance now has until Saturday to get his patootie into the shop and put the deposit down--we'll see if he comes through.

Rehersal dinner is still up in the air. We think we know where we want it, but there are still some roadblocks. 1) Cost and who's paying for it? 2) There's no free and handicapped parking nearby. 3) they don't have a party room per se, just a back area with a half-wall. 4)It's a pub--kids are allowed in, but it's VERY noisy. BUT, it's where we had our first date and it's "our place." So, we'll see.
That's my update for now! Stay tuned for more as we're now less than 5 months away!

3 comments:
Those suits look nice! We were very lucky Mr. Guru's dad married us. He is a preacher so we got whatever we wanted!!
That picture cracks me up!
Thanks for the Ikea elephant tip-I am just now reading through past comments. I have to make a trip there asap!
That suit is gorgeous, my fiance would be so jealous because we are still looking for a good deal on one!
Ever since my fiance proposed to me with a gorgeous diamond engagement ring from www.idonowidont.com we are are thinking of having a cute Hawaii wedding on a budget.
I need to find out how to get a coupon for my wedding dress now!
Post a Comment