
We thought about renting Chiavari chairs or the wooden folding chairs for a more 'nautical' look, but I just can't stomach spending $12 per chair.

I don't love the look of the traditional white/ivory banquet chair covers. They look like a bunch of ghosts! Plus they twist and discumbobulate as you move in the chair.


We've thought about doing half chair covers (which cover just the back of the chair), they are easily found for folding chairs. I found one website that rents half-backs for banquet chairs (althought they have no pictures)Dress My Chair.

Making our own half covers is an option, albeit a very time consuming one. Plus, I just want to rent them, not own them.
We've toyed with just renting sashes, for about $0.75 each. We could buy the sashes here for $1.75 each and make excess sashes into table runners in much the same fashion as The Pissed Off Bride plans to do.
Although I can't find any pictures of banquet chairs with just a sash on them, it could be pretty (but I'm not sure!). We'd use a sash similar to this, but in royal blue. Thoughts?

5 comments:
We did a chair cover with sashes and it turned out MUCH prettier than I thought it would. I was nervous about the chair covers [much like you].
What we did was we did one color sashes on the parents tables, head table, and the table with the kids. We did another color on everyone else's chairs.
It turned out pretty. If I had any pictures on the internet I would should you.
We did use pretty small sashes. They weren't as big as the ones in your pictures.
We rented folding wooden chairs for $1.25 a piece through Grand Event Rentals. I like the sash on the wooden chairs especially the dark blue!
$12 a chair seems like a lot, especially if you have a lot of guests. I think the sashes would turn out really nice! Either rented or purchased.
I like the set up of the last photo
Of all the things that a bride-to-be has to think about, can you even believe that CHAIRS come into the equation!? Sadly, they do. $12 for a chivari chair is expensive. Have you shopped around? We're getting ours for $5.25 each. The chivari is the nicest look out of them all {keep shopping around} - the banquet chairs aren't bad on their own either.
Post a Comment