Friday, August 29, 2008

Politics

This blog is not meant for politics, but with our nation in such turmoil some political talk is unavoidable. So, I will not feel offended if you discontinue reading this post (but not my blog entirely!!!) ;-)

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was announced today as the vice presidential running mate for Republican hopeful John McCain.

Now, no matter which party you find yourself affiliating with, lets just all take a minute to admire the grace and beauty of this woman.


Governor Palin has an 80% approval rating in the state of Alaska, she continually crosses party lines and brings Republicans and Democrats together. She has cut unneccesary spending and even returned funds to citizens of Alaska.

During her acceptance speech this morning, Governor Palin thanked Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton for "cracking the glass ceiling." And she called for the opportunity to "shatter the glass ceiling."

She also had her fifth child in April, son Trig. Trig is a Norse word meaning "true" and "brave victory." This name is very fitting, as Trig was diagnosed with Down's Syndrome. Palin is a very strong woman!


Palin also will be one to watch for her political fashion. She also was Miss Alaska in 1984, so if you like to watch politics for clothing, you can bet she won't be pulling a Hillary "jail bird" orange pantsuit as was seen at the Democratic National Convention!


American women, no matter what your beliefs, we can all agree that this Hockey-Mom-turned-politician will be doing great things for us and our future...even if she doesn't win.


Note: all images through Google Images.

4 comments:

A Belle and her Beau said...

she is extremely pretty and I think it was a smart move! now we just have to say our prayers!!!!

Dana said...

I thought that it was a strategic, move. I am sorry, no matter how much I admire her as a woman, I can not vote for her running mate. What ever happens, whatever she does will looked at as historical..just like Barack Obama's journey will be.

Angela said...

Personally, I couldn't vote for Osama.. umm Obama if my life depended on it. GO MCCAIN/PALIN '08!!!!!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

I just have to comment here...

This is the first time that I have ready your blog and I love this post!

I am so excited for the McCain / Palin ticket and cannot wait to see how this election goes.