Saturday, October 02, 2010

September Recap

September was such a busy month for us. J had the entire month off from school, so I took almost the entire month off from work. Tonight I am home sick from work with a cold/virus. I slept all day and woke up sick, so sleeping during the night isn't going to be happening tonight, thus I have time to recap the month of September for us.

We started the weekend off with a wedding. The bride is a bacon fan and the menu was based around that. Bacon-maple donuts, BLT mini-sandwiches, spinach bacon salad, bacon wrapped mini-fillets. It was spectacular!

Hubs then took a 600 mile round-trip 4 day trip to go mountain biking with a friend. Apparently the trip was so epic that he forgot to take pictures...

I went and helped Grandma with her skin cancer surgery, which went phenomenally by the way. I fed her lots of chocolate milkshakes and mashed potatoes and then took her stitches out a few days later.

My in-laws joined us at my Grandparent's cabin for a few days where we had a blast fixing the lawn mower and using the kayak.



We even squeezed in an afternoon at the beach. Found a huge tree root and a sweet driftwood fort. Had the best clam chowder for dinner. We loved it! 



Then, we packed up and headed to my cousin's wedding, where we hung out with a lot of family.

We did a fabulous "final weekend of summer" hike with my parents and their best friends. It was glorious!

We also spent a day at the zoo! I love the zoo, we go frequently. Hubs loves to feed the birds and fancies himself a turtle, I really love the cats.






2 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like you had a great month! Love all the photos!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Looks like you've been having a great time! Loving the driftwood fort! So neat!