I broke down and bought some skinny jeans. I am a believer! (sort-of!) I found my old horseback riding boots and thought that they looked a lot like the boots currently out for the season, so I cleaned 'em up with some saddle soap and black shoe polish and they practically glow! Because they actually are riding boots, they are fairly tight and I need boot pulls to get them on (they have sewn in pull tabs), and a boot jack to get them off. Luckily I found those stored with the boots. Oh yes, because of the boot's tightness I needed tight pants to wear them with. I found some really cute Miley Cyrus ones on clearance for $10 at Walmart. I can't find the actual pants online, sorry. They are actually really well constructed and comfortable, which surprised me.
Moses has been working out lately. Ya know, besides chasing the bugs that are starting to find their way inside, and attacking my houseplant, he's decided that some good old fashioned weight lifting is going to get the ladies...
My Grandma is having (another) skin cancer surgically removed from her face tomorrow. I'm heading out soon to be with her for the procedure. It's done in the office, and isn't too invasive, but it's scary none-the-less, so I'll be right beside her the whole time. Nurse Erica's Warning: wear your daily sunscreen of at least SPF 15 (most daily moisturizers contain it) on your face. The skin cancer is so not worth it. My Grandma's nose is actually now totally comprised of skin that was originally grown behind her ears...I think she's had 7 skin grafts to her nose now. Skin cancer isn't pretty, which renders your tan ugly, in my humble opinion...



2 comments:
Sorry about your grandma. Praying for her and all her family.
I love the knitting, I learned how to do the basics a few years ago but haven't touched it since. It was so calming and soothing! I love your boots, what a great idea! I kinda want boots like that now! I bought some of the gap jean leggings to wear with boots, I like that they have the stretch of a legging but the pockets and fly of a pair of jeans! They're so comfy I don't know why I didn't get some sooner! Broke them out yesterday for the first time!
So sorry to hear about your grandmother, my grandmother recently had the same procedure done.
Post a Comment