Monday, August 02, 2010

Menu Planning

It seems that menu planning is becoming popular right now. It sounds like it could be a great way to relieve some dinner-time stress and to help ease our grocery budget. Someone told me that approx. 60% of what we purchase at the grocery store is an unplanned purchase. I'd like to cut down those purchases and only buy what we really truly need, when it is needed (unless I can stock up on something when it's on sale).

Menu planning probably won't happen every week around here. But I am going to try to pre-plan at least 2-3 meals during a typical Monday through Friday.

Here is my first try; this week's menu:

Monday: beef enchiladas
Tuesday: chicken stir-fry with brown rice
Wednesday: turkey burgers, green salad, sweet potato fries
Thursday: grilled pork tenderloin and corn on the cob
Friday: on the road to a weekend getaway! I'm thinking Subway.

Any tips for meal planning?

2 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

There are a lot of menu planning templates out there! If you are interested in me sending you some I have a couple I can share with you! It's great to put on the fridge so you can see what you have planned for the week!

I enjoy planning out meals, especially on those busy nights so I can shop and prepare ahead of time. I think it's a wonderful idea :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

My email is seasidesmitten@aol.com if you're interested in the templates!