We will be sharing a condo with my parents, but my parents are very active and easy-going people. We find them to be great travel companions based upon previous trips. J gets really bored on vacations if we don't have activities to do. I'm usually very happy on a beach with a mai tai and good book for a week, but marriage is all about compromise...
Anyone been to Maui before? Any recommendations for activities and restaurants? We will be staying in Kihei. This gives us easy access to the town of Lahaina and the posh resorts of Wailea.
Here is the view from the lanai of our condo from its listing on VRBO.


2 comments:
definitely do the drive to Hana, and hike up to the 7 sacred pools! (or at least the first couple!)
Lahaina is a great little town too. tons of fun shops to visit. We found a great little hidden bay with great snorkeling... I think it was just north of kihei or kanapali (it's been so long!) there was a spot to pull out on the road, and you could see a trail down through some trees. There was a nice beach, and we were able to snorkel with sea turles! It was so neat!
Hope you have fun, I am so jealous!
I had NO IDEA you are still blogging! I am such a blog reading slacker lately, so I'm glad to find your blog again! We have been to Maui 8 times, and we always stay in Kihei or Wailea. You are right that Kihei is right beside Wailea, but it is on the other side of the island (about a 45 minute to hour drive) from Lahaina. As far as restaurants and such, you really can't go wrong, except DO NOT go to Fred's Mexican restaurant!!! We both got SO SICK the one time we went, and heard the same thing from others that went there too!!
As far as the touristy things to do, going to the sunrise at Haleakala is a must, a luau is a BIG must (I recommend Old Lahaina Luau) and a snorkeling trip to Molokini is great too, because they also take you to Turtle Town. We didn't really enjoy the "Road to Hana" the one time we went, and I also know that when we were there a few months ago, it was undergoing some construction so check on that if you decide to do.
If you need any specific recommendations at all, I would be happy to help!!! :)
Post a Comment