Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sleep

or lack thereof.

Alcohol makes me sleepy before it makes me goofy. 1-2 glasses of wine/drinks makes me want to nap immediately, 3-4 glasses of wine and I've got the giggles.

But, no matter how much or how little I have, I never sleep well. I fall asleep quickly, but within an hour I've got to pee, and the next hour I'm too hot, and the next hour who knows why I'm looking at the clock, but I am, etc. If I go to bed around 12-12:30 and have had a drink, it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be up the next morning at 6...and grouchy.

I know there have been multiple medical studies looking into alcohol and sleep and many of them have shown that alcohol interferes with sleep quality. Yep, that's me for sure! and I don't like it.

J and I very much enjoy meeting up with friends for a drink around 8-9 pm, relaxing for an hour or two and then bed. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to be the party-pooper who orders water at the local tavern. Boo!

We are not big drinkers, and in no way am  I a lush. I just really enjoy my 1-2 drinks per week, I'm just sad they don't like me back.

1 comment:

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Just found your blog and you and your guy are too cute!

Stop by One Fine Wire if you ever get a chance, I'd love to have you visit!
www.finewire.blogspot.com

So nice to meet you and find your blog!