I see that many of you have created a 2010 reading goal list. I am not going to be doing that, because I don't know how many I will plow through. But, I will try to at least keep an up-to-date list. Maybe I'll even throw in a few reviews.
Real Simple's No-Obligation Book Club from the February 2010 issue listed 7 reader favorite love stories. I've read a few of them, but I will be reading the rest by the end of the month:
I finished The Blue Castle a few days ago. LOVE her writing. (She wrote Anne of Green Gables.) The book was short and sweet. The story took me away with Valancy through her dull, obedient life. Once she decided to take charge, life took off toward happiness with a few twists and turns along the way. Definately a good read.
I have started Crossing to Safety, but am having a very hard time getting past the first chapter...it's very vague and slow. Shall I continue?
As an aside, I just finished a couple of Debbie Macomber books. Great 'beach reads'. Plus her Cedar Cove series is set in the Pacific North West. Love that!
On my floor in the to read pile currently sit:
What should be on my list for March?

2 comments:
have you read the weight of silence? it's amazing!! let us know how the secret is - i have heard so much buzz about it!
oh! i can't wait to check out your reading list!
thanks...
-kelley
Post a Comment