Sunday, May 10, 2009

Seating Assignments?

The great question has arisen: do we assign tables, or allow a seating free-for-all at the reception?

There seem to be 2 camps between my family and J's family. Our pro & con lists match up about evenly...

Can you tip our lists? What did/are you doing for your wedding reception. Did you assign tables, or allow people to choose their own. What worked? What didn't work?



2 more weeks! AHHHHHH!

6 comments:

Katrina said...

I honestly don't like seating assignments. At our wedding we let people choose where they wanted to sit. I think it makes people more comfortable. I have been to several weddings where I am stuck sitting with people we don't know at all, when there are other people there we know... It is just awkward, and a lot of times the other people all know each other, so we are often left out of conversations and stuff. It's up to you completely, of course, that's just my two cents! =)

Linda said...

We didn't have seating assignments and it worked fine. People found seats and everyone was fine.

Wifer said...

Well since you asked:-) We only reserved tables for the immediate family. Everyone else could have seat anywhere they wanted. It turned out lovely and saved me a lot of time and stress.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

We had assigned seat for the wedding party but everyone else chose their own seats and it worked out perfectly!

Dana said...

We had seating assigments, but it did not really work out. It become more of a hassle. My husband ended up tearing up the list from one of my hostess and let everyone it. It worked out in the end. The only reason that I did a list was to make sure that everyone had a seat. If you have enough seats at the wedding you should have enough seats at the reception.

Jess said...

We had a free-for all and it worked really well-- but we also have a very fluent reception with dancing, eating and mingling all at once. If you are having a traditional reception, I would recommend a seating chart as it gives your guests a feeling of security in knowing they will have a seat. I think everyone still has those "sitting at the lunch table alone" type fears :) Best wishes to you and your groom!