I lost another of my pave/melee stones last Monday. I immediately called the store and was told I needed my warranty paperwork. Got that and took the ring in on Tuesday. I explained that my wedding was the following Saturday, so they only had about 10 days for repairs.
The ring was promised by 6 pm on Friday.
Tuesday, I called them because I had not heard that the ring was fixed. They told me it'll be 4 WEEKS! for the repair. I broke down crying and said "no, no, no! My wedding is on Saturday--4 days!"
They tried to tell me that they couldn't help me. That their jeweler was out of replacement stones and had to order them in. But that I could call around. I asked what size stone I needed, how much it would cost, and how long my reimbursment from the company would take. BIG PAUSE. "I'll let you speak with my manager."
After much himming and hawing, the ring was transferred to another store with some loose stones rolling around. It is promised to be done by 3 pm on Thursday. But, we still have to make a 2 hour round trip to pick it up because their courier only does scheduled trips and wouldn't be able to have it to me until Friday at 7 pm--well into the rehearsal dinner.
We'll see if they come through.
Good riddance!

2 comments:
Lord if it's not one thing it's another! Good Luck and your wedding day will be perfect if you have your ring or have to borrow your mom's ring.
Just breathe:-)
That's horrible! Glad you got it squared away. Yayyyy wedding!!!
Post a Comment