Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Hair-ifying Experience

My hair has always been long, thick, and straight. Back in February, I decided that I wanted some body in my hair so that I could add in curl to jazz it up. So I went and had a perm.


BAD DECISION.

The stylist who did the perm should have thinned my hair first and didn't. The perm didn't turn out at all how I expected that it should and I hated it. It always looked like I'd let my hair dry while braided. And it wouldn't uncurl with the straightener.


I was afraid to have the perm chemically removed and to cut my hair for fear that the loss of weight would wind the waves up tighter and look even worse.

So, for the past few months I've worn lots of ponytails and braids and avoided the camera hoping for fast grow-out.

3 weeks ago, I took a small risk and bought a Living Social deal for a Keratin Express treatment and haircut.

BEST DECISION EVER!



I love my hair again. The keratin bound with each strand of hair and filled in the pores and damaged spots from the perm, making each strand of hair smooth and shiny, counter-acting the perm's leftover curl.

And just for fun, yesterday I went back to the same hair genius who fixed my lifeless tresses and she put in a purple feather. The feather is washable, curl-able, straighten-able, and ok with product. It's attached with a small metal 'bead' that is crimped onto the hair near the scalp. I can bury the feather if I need to hide it, or pull it up on top to show it off.

Love it!

1 comment:

beka said...

Genius! I love how smooth and sleek your hair looks post-treatment!