Monday, May 09, 2011

April Book List

April did not see the completion of many books. Really, there were only 2. I suppose this balances out the amount of books that I read in March.




The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
This was a fun book to read. I enjoyed the romance, the friendship, the relationship between granddaughter and grandmother, the history, and the self-discovery. I would recommend this as a beach read.


Francine Pascal was one of my favorite pre-teen and teenage authors. I ate up the "Sweet Valley" books and now she has returned with a new Sweet Valley saga: Sweet Valley Confidential.
When I first heard this book was coming out, I was excited to learn of what Jessica, Elizabeth, Todd, Winston, Bruce, and the others were up to. BUT, This Book Was TERRIBLE.
I was excited, but didn't have huge expectations (good thing, too!). The writing was poor, the plot line was weak, and the dialogue sucked. There were multiple conversations that I literally got lost in; couldn't figure out who was speaking and on what topic. I was disgusted by the end.
Bottom line, skip this book.

2 comments:

Heather said...

The Peacher Keeper is on my list.

Dana said...

That is to bad about the Sweet Valley High book. I may have to add The Preacher Keeper to my summer reading list.