Monday, February 28, 2011

February Book List


The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski
Your actions always have consequences. Even actions that are deemed "accidental." It's what you do with and about the consequences that are life-changing. This book was a bit predictable, but still a good read. It reminded my about the "100 things" lists that are fairly popular around blogland.


Words by Ginny L. Yttrup
This book was phenomenal, seriously. I promise it will affect you profoundly, no matter what your life-walk has been. I would love to hear your reactions to it.


Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik
Confession: I actually read this book a little while ago, but it was a good one, so I'm recommending it here. Ever wonder how book clubs form and why they stick together? Or what it was like to be a housewife in the 60's and 70's, how about a mother during that era? I really liked that this book got fairly gritty when looking at marriage, sexuality, motherhood, world events, and friendship. A quick, but solid read.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the book ideas! I needed a new one to read :)

Heather said...

Thanks for these reading suggestions!