Sunday, January 02, 2011

2011 Goals

Happy New Year!

I usually do not make New Year's Resolutions. Often, I believe, they are made too hastily and the goals are too vague and lofty. This year however, I have a few things I need and want to work on, so I've created a list of goals to enrich my life and marriage in 2011.
  • Floss at least 3x per week. My teeth are in great health, but my gums, notsomuch. I hate to floss so I generally skip it; however my dentist tells me that flossing is more important than brushing, so I'm going to do more flossing. I am. I am. I am.
  • Be less sedentary. J and I used to be extremely active. We ran together, played tennis, hiked, skied, etc. just about every weekend. This past year I have become so sedentary, preferring to read a book than to ride my bike. This is going to change. I'm toying with the idea of joining a gym, but think I need to take a stab at playing outside a bit more first. I want to take a walk through the neighborhood at least once per week for starters. Vitamin D and endorphins: good for the body and soul!
  • Make more time for friends. Since getting married and diving back into full-time employment, I've been horrible about making time for my friends, and my relationships have suffered because of this. The people who are in my life are important to me and I need to do a better job of showing them that I care about them.
  • Be more supportive of my husband. J has another 6 months of graduate school and then he'll start his post-collegiate life. I feel that I can do a better job of supporting him when he needs to study, be gone at meetings, late nights, weekend labs, etc. I also need to knock down my fears and be more supportive and willing to look into job options across the country. (Oh Lord, please give me strength and shore up my faith when I am weak and fearful.) Moving scares the heck out of me. Seriously. J needs to know that I'm behind him 100%. I am. I just don't always show it...
  • Have a better attitude about tithing and giving beyond our tithe. J is right there, 100%. He has the attitude, he totally gets the spirit of giving and tithing, while I struggle with it. This goal also can be better listed as "Be more faithful and obedient to Jesus."
  • Get back on the meal planning wagon. I was doing a great job with this up until about October. Then I just couldn't get my rear in gear. This year I want to create a binder as I go to fill with the weekly menus and recipes, so that in the future I have a go-to book when I don't have time to think ahead (aka when we have babies).
I am excited to venture out into 2011. And I am hoping and praying that your new year will be filled with many blessings.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Love your list. I am also looking at my tithing and giving.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Great list! Cheers to a great new year!