I have a love affair with my crock-pot. I know I've mentioned it before. I also love Stephanie's blog and what she has done to bolster my love.
This is J and my all-time favorite slowcooker recipe:
3-4 pieces of frozen meat (chicken breasts, steak, boneless pork chops, or 1 pound cooked ground beef)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
16 oz pico de gallo or salsa of choice
1-2 Tablespoons taco seasoning (if you like extra oomph!)
a sprinkling of cilantro, if you like it
Toss this all into your slowcooker, mix a bit, and cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours.
Once cooked, use 2 forks and shred meat into smaller, bite-sized chunks.
| (This particular batch turned out more liquidy than normal, strain with a slotted spoon if necessary.) |
Serve on warmed tortillas with lettuce, sour cream, avacado, and cheese. J also likes to add more salsa.
Enjoy!


1 comment:
Sounds very delicious! I'll have to try it out! Thanks!
Post a Comment