Sunday, March 22, 2009

Invitations

I put the invitations in the mail on Wednesday....and received the first RSVPs on Saturday. Wow.

I made the invitations myself. You may recall our Save the Dates, here are the invites.


Here's the pile of unfinished invitations.


We (I) decided on blue jackets/folders and pink envelopes.


Upon opening the folder, there is a picture of us, with the invitation on pink matting.


Blogger won't let me turn the pictures, sorry!


The 3rd part of the invite is the flap I folded and fastened with gromets/eyelets. This flap holds the map/directions card and the RSVP card/envelope.


The finished product!


Close-up of the invitation wording.


Again, Blogger flipped my picture. This is the RSVP card.


The reception card/map/directions.


I used my Martha Stewart Craft Punch from Michaels to make lots of little anchors.





I ran the anchors through my Xyron® 150 Create-A-Sticker to make them into stickers. (Also purchased at Michaels.)


Blue anchors sealed the pink envelopes, and pink anchors held the blue invitation folders closed.

I created and assembled these all by my self. (My future bro-in-law did the graphic design and printing). I spent many hours on these and felt such relief to get them safely to the post office!

11 comments:

Erin said...

VERY cute!!!

Good job!

-E

lesleyrae0814 said...

Wow! I just started reading your blog and felt compelled to tell you your invites are adorable. Were you a Delta Gamma? All this pink and blue and anchors has me thinking we may be sisters :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

You did such a great job! DIY'ing anything is so much fun!

Legal Preppy said...

oh those are just the cutest. i love what you did with the stickers!!!

kadler said...

Those look great! I can't believe there's a machine that will make stickers. Awesome.

Well I Do Declare said...

I think my jaw just hit the floor! I am SO, SO, SO impressed with your invites :) They look amazing!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did they end up costing?

alanna said...

ohmygosh how impressive!! you are talented and very very organized...i would have given up after 3!

Kate said...

How did I not know about the anchor craft punch?? I need to head to Michaels asap! These turned out great :)

Sjn said...

so cute! I just got into card stamping and have been perusing Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I bought some cut-outs, but the "create a sticker"! wow, I have to look for that.

starfish said...

So cute! I need to get to Michaels!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Love them! Great job and soooo creative!