This year promises to be an exciting one as we have made some travel plans to visit Washington DC and we have recently been told that 3 close friends are pregnant. :-) "Auntie" Erica needs to drag out the sewing machine!
Despite all the busy-ness, I am still managing to get projects done around the house.
I painted the headboard wall of the master bedroom. We chose the swatch on the left: Behr's Prelude. I received the duvet cover and the quilt, shams, and bedskirt for Christmas, so the yellow-esque walls needed to be toned down. I think the Prelude is the perfect blue with a shade or two of gray. Now I'm waiting for some fabric swatches to come in so I can make drapes.
The previous owners of our house left this (semi-creepy) dragon guy in the backyard.
We listed him on CL and made some moolah this weekend. Which is great because we are saving money to do some landscape work and to build a 6' cedar fence so that we can get a canine friend:
![]() |
| via |
We are still undecided on the breed: Standard Poodle, Springer Spaniel, Australian Shepherd, Brittany Spaniels are at the top of our lists. Each breed has some great characteristics; we want the dog to be a good fit for our lifestyle and vice versa. Have you had any experience with any of these breeds?
We have gotten a small bit of snow and our indoor cat has been very curious about it, so we let him venture out:
He loved it! I was so surprised. He especially loved chasing small snowballs. We call him our "fenine" because he acts a lot like a dog sometimes!
This year hasn't been all rosy (because life never is); we've had a plumbing problem (I'll post about it later), and there is a fight between some friends of ours who have tried to drag us into the middle of the conflict, and because we've told them we won't be a part of it in any way, we may be losing some friends too, which is immature and also very sad. I thought high school pettiness would be done by now, guess I was a bit naive! Hopefully everyone involved will realize the power of forgiveness...
Oh and not to forget, J! He received a leaf blower & sucker for a Birthday gift. It really came in handy for cleaning up after the Christmas tree this year!




No comments:
Post a Comment