Thursday, October 20, 2011

House Hunters: Mission Complete!

We did it! The house is officially ours. We received our keys on Tuesday evening and since then we've been having a grand time imagining, measuring, discussing, and generally agreeing about all the stuff we get to do.

Tuesday night I cleaned the kitchen and all the bathrooms. J checked out his garage and learned how to program the thermostat. I ran some laundry and then we played a game of cribbage in the dining room (I won). You know the things you normally do when in an empty, new-to-you-home. :-)

We have to buy a microwave so I measured and am researching. I think I've selected the model I want, it's a GE, so hopefully it'll last us a good long while.

Today, J took the afternoon off so we're going to move over the most fragile items: the TV and wine glasses. (Yes, we have priorities!) and then I think J will mow the lawn if it's dry enough.

Oh you want pictures? OK!
It's all ours!

Dining room looking into kitchen

Living room

Kitchen

Shiny!

Office

Stairs, landing, and entry

Master bath


The move is officially Saturday. My Mom and I are going to try to get all our food and kitchen stuff moved over on Friday. Hopefully it doesn't rain and everything goes smoothly!

3 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Congratulations! It's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new home! I am your newest follower~have a great weekend!

Miss G said...

woohoo!! So exciting!! Kelly