When I got married (just under a year ago!), I only had one shower. It was a huge shower that lasted the entire day, and I LOVED it. My friends and family made it such a wonderful day. My own shower is one of a handful of showers that I've attended. I am the first of many of my friends to get married, and all of my cousins are about 10 years older, so I was not paying attention at their showers. Therefore, my experience is limited.
My wonderful friend, K is getting married in July. This is her and me at my wedding.
K asked me to be her Matron of Honor, and I offered to throw her a shower. She already is having two traditional showers, so I thought a lingerie shower/mini-bachelorette party would be more fun. I'm ironing out the details still, but have an etiquette question for the invitations.
This being a lingerie shower, should I include the bride's lingerie sizes in the invitation? Should I not include it and answer only if people ask? What's your experience with this?
I really appreciate your advice!
Aren't A & K an adorable couple? (Almost as cute as J & me!)



3 comments:
I threw a bachelorette party/lingerie shower just a few weeks ago, so I can tell you what I did. I put the bride's sizes at the bottom of the invite -- I've been invited to showers before that did not and it is very annoying (but that was mainly because when I did ask, the hostess had no idea!). Since lingerie is the expected gift, I would put the sizes on the invite or as an additional insert with the invite.
I have also had this situation come up. I printed the sizes on a seperate piece of cardstock and included it with the invites. That way if the invitation is left laying out or put on a bulletin board or fridge, the Bride to Be's sizes are not made public. So sweet of you to host this for her!
I am totally a lurker! I have never commented before, but thought I would here. You should either put the sizes on the invite, at the bottom, or, as suggested, put it on a separate piece of paper. I have been to many lingerie showers and have thrown a few myself and this info is very pertinent, since lingerie is the expected gift. Also, because bachelorette/lingerie showers tend to be the closest girlfriends anyway, it shouldn't be a big deal.
I love your blog. I'm an RN too! :)
Post a Comment